Inspirations: Learning German

11:11 AM

Yes.. I'm glad to update you all that I'm [desperately] trying to learn die Deutsche Sprache (the German language).

I know, I know, why complicate a life that's already quite complicated? Well, learning this particular foreign language has always been a deep fascination of mine. There's just so much to be respected about the rich culture and people of Germany (i see that with the boyf all the time, who is half-German.. and yes, he would be half the reason why i'm going through this. hehe) that I just want to take it all in. I am by no means an expert on the German experience,
but I humbly submit myself to learning everything from zero (having to start from Das Alphabet and numbers, hehe) just to achieve this education that I always wanted.

So since we are staying on topic, just wanted to share some striking images of and from some of my favorite German figures in fashion and everything else.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

German model Christina Kruse was (and still actually is) a serious favorite of mine when I first started appreciating fashion as a kid in the 90s. in my opinion, she is quite underappreciated given her caliber and panache. I wish she received more acclaim than she did, cuz' she is way up the bar for me.


She is currently an artist/photographer as well. This picture.. will seriously haunt my dreams, in a good way. Eerily striking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And who doesn't love Der Herr Karl Lagerfeld? Not much to say there as everyone in this planet and beyond knows who he is. Ok, except that.. that is just about one of the most adorable bears and is completely in his liking!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

His photography work for milliner Maison Michel was just breathtaking. Worth a check if you haven't done so.:)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And one can never forget Jil Sander, one of the most critically-acclaimed designers to emerge from the country. The woman basically defined understated elegance to the letter. Too bad the namesake company doesn't rightfully belong to her anymore.. but hey, her +J line with Uniqlo should be a pleasant surprise to all JS fans!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


So that's that for tonight.. I guess I just wanted to share with you this new passion that I'm undertaking. Btw, before I wrap things up, Vielen dank (thanks a lot) to my 90 followers (!!!). It's been seriously overwhelming. Thanks again and much love to you all.

You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. Eden!!! So great to see you again! I've been to your blog but for some reason, the comments were disabled. I love this post! I think German is a tough language to learn but I'm sure you can do it! I love Karl and Jill and of course, Heidi Klum!

    I have no idea why my blog has a warning! It puzzles me too! xxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi E, wow naman german language, thats really awesome. Anyway I only know Guten Tag and thats about it haha.

    >>> Rebecca Rose

    rebeccaroseilican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dolly. I love that you're learning German for your half-German boyf. He is probably pretty proud, right? :) There are so many great Germans in fashion. And Karl is the greatest proof of their hardworking reputation. Although he tries so hard to cultivate this aura of leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I applaud you for learning a new language; it's always something I've wanted to do but I've never made any time for it. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Eden! Thank you for the blog visit! Grace and I went to the same uni and now live in the same city.

    Yep, sure let's exchange links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eden!

    LOL, I had to laugh when I read your comment, S is not my child, though he can be a big baby, he's my husband :)

    I applaud you for learning a new language, some people are really gifted that way and can pick it up no problem. Hope to *hear* some lovely german phrases soon :)

    We can definitely exchange links, I'm adding you now.

    xx Ela

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, no harm done, hon. I thought it was hilarious, reading it over - totally see that - and S totally had it coming ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried learning french for a semester, goodness, I never knew learning another language is THAT difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Jil Sander! Great photographs ... I really liked this post! Christina Kruse's picture really is haunting; it's totally mesmerizing, though!

    Sydnie
    www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's great to be learning German. I love Germany. I visited there back at the start of the decade. I've been wanting to learn French.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill Sander - love her! oh and I want that taylored coat in the last picture.

    Goodluck sweetie in learning German - I know you'll be fluent in no time =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the jacket in the last picture! Congrats on the 90 followers, you're close to 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to visit Berlin. I have a few friends there, in fact and in Austria. I have enough problems attempting to learn French :P

    Isn't the last picture of Isbabeli Fontana?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :))

    You learning german ?! That's so cool ! I'm think of learning Swedish or Thai.

    Love the 1st two photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome photos!And you have a great blog my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck on learning a new language. It's always been so hard for me. I may learn a few lines, but not much else ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, E!

    They say German is much easier to learn than French because it's a bit similar to English.

    Good luck and the bf will surely be very impressed and proud of you. ;)

    Che

    ReplyDelete
  18. obsessed with karl largerfield ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. loving the last image with the belted coat. i am on the hunt a great leather waist belt to do exactly that this winter:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with the German dear! I have been learning German for around ten years, and I looove it :) That first shot is so stunning, and yay for Jil Sander and UniQlo!! I am so going to buy up the whole line lol. Hope you're having a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the same fascination with German. I'm finally going to start learning it in October.

    Really like the photos you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi eden! Karl Lagerfeld and Jil Sander are so ferosh aren't they? I can understand written French but unfortunately I don't have the ears for it, still. Hihi I tried learning Dutch, partly because of a boy too :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Eden,

    Guten Tag! Haha, that's about the only German phrase I know and used and abused for a brief time I was in Germany last year! =)

    Yes, true-blooded UP Iska indeed; I still sing UP naming mahal in the shower until now, haha =)

    Sure, I'd love to exchange links with you!

    Goodluck with learning German! Sure the boyfriend will appreciate your every effort! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, good for you! i would just like to learn Spanish...to speak it fluently.
    good luck!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think that's awesome. I took five years of french and still feel like I don't know a thing. It would be great to really try to learn as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  26. E! : ohhhh im so turning from british to german joke lol and im not even british...ok fine fil to germ... its weird i wrote it germ... okey deutsch hahaha :D go go go

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey darling. Just wanted to let you know that I changed the URL of my blog, so I have a new home :) http://www.dreamsequins.com! Do you think you can update your links?

    Have a beautiful weekend xx D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey hon, if you want we can start communicating in German to practice. I speak the language fluently (my dad is German) and I must say... I'm so glad I never really had to learn it as a foreign language... it must be a nightmare, especially the grammar! My cousin gave up after 2 months... haha. Anyhow, I'm proud you're learning this and don't give up! Viel Erfolg beim Lernen! ;-)

    P.S. So agree about the German fashion icons. I've also always loved Nadja Auermann. As you know though, Heide isn't a favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is awesome, good luck with this! I took French in highschool and felt like I learned nothing, but I'm in m second semester of French in college and I'm doing loads better.

    But anyway, I'm glad my post entertained you lol. But those jeans really are disgusting and need to be disposed of ASAP. And I agree, totally sexist.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey my lovely!
    So sorry I haven't been by...been a crazy week but I have missed you!!!!

    I'm so proud of you this is awesome! I REALLY need to learn French but linguistics are so hard for me!!

    I hope you have a great weekend beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm doing well, and will most definitley add you infact i think you were in the list but accidently i deleted it and am trying to fix it right now.
    XOXOX
    Libby
    http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely images, i love lou doillon, she has fantastic personal style :)

    great post!

    xoxo

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe