The Cool Tones of Fall

9:45 PM


"You can't start a new life in old clothes". This is perhaps my favorite quote and real-life sage advice from the hit septuagenarian comedy "Grace and Frankie" (you still haven't seen it?!! Open up Netflix. NOW.) This line actually applies quite literally in my own life - when we moved to the country last year, I had no choice but to sell off most of my clothes and accessories, bringing only with me the bare minimum + a smattering of things I can't part with. :( Sad, I know, but when Grace said that line in the show though, I knew it was high time to stop being so sad about it and instead, continue my quest to invest in new items that I'll come to adore. 




detroit fashion blogger, fall fashion 2015, corktown detroit, chic in the tropics, old navy style


ysl rouge pur couture fuchsia, cobalt blue sweater, old navy peacoat, asos fedora hat, fall fashion trends 2015, over the knee boot trend

tj maxx fall styles, levis 501 jeans over the knee boots, detroit fashion bloggers, michigan fashion blog, midwest bloggers
thigh high boots street style, how to style thigh high boots, over the knee boots trend
corktown detroit, detroit street art, detroit murals, detroit style, old navy outerwear
Chinese Laundry "Kingdom" thigh high boots , Old Navy longline coat, cobalt blue oversized sweater from TJ Maxx, Amiclubwear crossbody bag

A couple of such recent acquisitions for fall is this chunky cobalt blue sweater (love at first sight), and this gorgeous, gorgeous outerwear find from Old Navy, which I decided to pair together for an invite to shoot for a prestigious US magazine's Detroit road show (details coming up on the blog!). Talk about a "new life", indeed" - just a little over a year ago, I arrived here a new immigrant, clueless about how things will turn up for me. I'm certainly grateful these days - life still throws me a lot of challenges and curveballs, but it has also a lot of small windows. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe