Hello, World... Welcome to Chic in the Tropics

3:37 AM


Jumpsuit-custom made by Yves Identify, yellow ochre belt, oversized clutch-vintage Chanel, cage heels


Hey all, give me a big ass pat in the back for finally overcoming procrastination to pen down the first article in my, ehem, fashion blog. People who know me would say that I am gifted at gab and of the written word. They also say that I'm the laziest writer around. Well, both are true, though they don't occur all at once, or necessarily at the same order. I really need to get things going anyway, as I've already snapped shots of local fashionistas, and they're all after my trail on this one. So, let's go...


First, lets make the necessary (and oft painfully embarassing) introductions. My name is Eden (or Fedz, if you'd like... a nickname from a past long gone), and I currently work as a local radio personality-cum-lifestyle writer where I am. And where I am is Cebu City, perhaps the most happening, yet the least overrated, metropolis on this side of the continent. It is a lovely place filled with rather interesting people and splendid scenery. And no, this is NOT a travel blog (though little infusions of local art and culture will set in at times). I am here to chronicle the notable few who brazenly make great sartorial choices in this side of the south. I am here to point out that being tasteful and chic can be achieved, even in the parameters set by weather and finances of a typical third-world country. I am here to laud those who live in and for fashion, and who, in their little ways, try to put Cebu in the global fashion map. Chic in the Tropics is meant especially for them.


This site will feature a melange of local personalities who definitely stand out in their own right. This will also feature designers, both local and international, that never ceases to please (Hi Gareth Pugh, Martin Margiela... you know i love you), as well as the goings-on of fashion the world over (that interests me, of course). Local haunts and fun events will also make regular appearances, so shall we say pictures of me in a drunken stupor are to be expected? Lol, I should certainly hope not.


There's definitely more in the works as time progresses.. Keep posted. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe