Marie Claire Beauty Road Show Detroit BTS

3:18 PM


Hello, loves! Happy thanksgiving to each and every one of you! Even if you don't celebrate it in the traditional sense, hope you got to spend your long weekend with some fun and a little R&R (or, you know, a lot. lol). For this downtime, I'm trying to make it a mission to not think about work and business so much and you know, just eat turkey, do some reading, and just lie back and chill (definitely need to do more of that these days).

Today I'm back with a quick post about a truly exciting event I had the chance to participate in: an invitation by Marie Claire US, to shoot with them for the Detroit Edition of their Beauty Road Show section. The awesome thing was, some of my favorite Detroit fashion bloggers were invited, as well! Read on after the jump to see a sneak peek of the action!


astro coffee, corktown detroit, best coffee shops in detroit
Call time and location was at Astro Coffee in Corktown. So psyched to have finally tried their coffee!:)

dana miles frost, closet confessional, detroit fashion blogger, detroit fashion stylist
The always effervescent Dana Miles Frost of Closet Confessional. She always looks impeccable!

midwest bloggers, detroit fashion blogger, michigan fashion blogger, michigan bloggers
I always feel like I could use an extra inch (or two, or three haha) when I'm with Dana. :D

color and grace, grace liang, detroit fashion blogger, marie claire beauty road show, petite fashion blog
Grace Liang of Color and Grace, easily the most stylish teacher this side of town!

anthony neil brand, detroit fashion designer, detroit style
C'erra of Anthony Neil Brand and a fellow stylish friend
Aimee and Grace

bruna camargo, style mile, detroit fashion blogs
My only shot of my favorite Bruna C of StyleMile! Her turn to get interviewed by Claire, the fashion editor for the feature. 

The always gorgeous Alexis Kelly of That Chic Lex, accompanied by her brother. Hand that Topshop coat over, Lex! haha

My fans... I mean, my boys! Hehehe. It was good to have the husband and our baby boy during this fun day :)
chic in the tropics, detroit blogger, fashion bloggers of detroit

A little outfit photo shoot in the graffiti wall across Astro. 

So there I was, going through my email riddled with souu much spam when I saw the Marie Claire invite-- I was pretty sure that I was either pranked, or spammed, because there's no way I'd be invited to something as cool as that, but it was incredibly real! We trooped on over to Astro Coffee in Corktown in our best fall/winter gear and met some of the wonderful people from the Marie Claire team. It was great to have been invited along with some of my favorite girls, as well as meet some new stylish figures from the city. All in all, great day!

We'd have to wait until the February issue to see how the shoot turned out (or if I even make it to print at all - they invited 22, but will only feature half. Fine by me if I don't make the cut because I had a blast anyway:)). Stay tuned!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe