Review and Unboxing: Target Beauty Box for Her Winter 2014

9:00 AM


target beauty box for her, target winter 2014 beauty box, target beauty, chapstick hydration, clairol hair food, revlon HD lacquer, pixi endless silky eye pencil, covergirl eye enhancers eyeshadow palette, loreal butterfly intenza mascara


Beauty boxes are usually either big hits or big misses. You either score big with your monthly box, or get repeats or little sample items... so yeah, I'm still in limbo whether or not monthly subscriptions are worth my hard earned money (especially since I get a lot of product with my current job). However, I just HAD to jump at the chance when I heard that Target was launching a limited Beauty Box for her for Winter 2014.  One, I LOVE Target. Secondly, their boxes have been met with stellar reviews in the past, and its great that they let you know what you're getting beforehand. Lastly, 10 bucks for a lot of mostly full-sized items is a fantastic deal. This came right out during Christmas season, meaning I could use some items as stocking stuffers or little gifts.

Read on after the jump to see the products closer with some thoughts:



revlon hd lacquer, revlon lip gloss, orange lip gloss, revlon lipsticks

clairol hair food, laneige water sleeping mask, target beauty products, laneige target, boots no 7 serum, target beauty box winter 2014

loreal voluminous butterfly intenza mascara, pixi endless silky eye pen, covergirl eye enhancers palette , target winter 2014 beauty box

chapstick 3-in-1 total hydration lipcare, revlon citrine ultra hd lacquer, target beauty box winter 2014

Here are the inclusions in my Target Beauty Box:

1) Clairol Hair Food Moisturizing Hair Mask, full size, $11.99 (Target Exclusive) - I can't sing any more praises about this item more than I already do. Probably one of the BEST hair conditioning products I've tried, without a doubt. Hair feels instantly more vibrant and healthy-- and for my frizzy, color-abused hair, that's saying something! 

Verdict: Kept it, of course! 9/10

2) Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, sample size, est. value at $5.75 (Target Exclusive) - You bet that I'll be making a beeline in Target when my sample runs out! I definitely fell in love with this ultra hydrating water-based moisturizer. Unlike most dense, oily and emollient face creams, this just feels cool and absorbs instantly into skin. Your face will feel like a baby's butt when you wake up. Trust!

Verdict: Slowly replacing my night moisturizers with this. 10/10

3) Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Advanced Serum, sample packet, est value at $2.29 - Heard good things about this serum, but I seriously have like, 5 serums in my arsenal right now, so I haven't really given this a try yet. Hypoallergenic, and contains silicone and salicylic acid.

Verdict: Yet to try.

4) Loreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza, full size,  $7.99 - This new Loreal mascara has been making quite the buzz in the beauty world, and by standards, Loreal mascaras are pretty amazing drugstore scores. This one in particular promises to stretch out lashes for that perfect winged out look. Plus, I've never seen a more interesting mascara wand!

Verdict: Got this as a stocking stuffer for my best friend. Hope she likes it!

5) Covergirl Eye Enhancers Kit in Smokey Nudes #286, full size, $4.49 - I had these before in a different shade palette, and these were decent. Not incredible, not horrible either, just ayt. This seems like a pretty versatile palette, though.

Verdict: I knew I was gonna use this as a stocking stuffer.

6) Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen, full size, $12.19 (Target Exclusive)- Ooh la la! The name lives up to itself-- it is one of the inkiest black gel pencils I've ever tried, and I have tried tons. Stays in place and doesn't budge easily even with makeup remover! Something good to add to my liner arsenal.

Verdict: 8/10

7) Chapstick 3-in-1 Total Hydration Lip Care in Sweet Peach, full size, $2.99 (Target Exclusive) - If you lose your lip balms all the time just like me, it's definitely always great to have one (or many!) in stock. I like this one for its non-greasy feel, and the peach flavor is an added plus.

Verdict: 8.5/10

8) Revlon Ultra HD Lacquer in Citrine, full size, $8.99 - Where do I even begin? This was something I intended to keep, because I do love me a good lacquer gloss. Great formulation, great intense color payoff, but unfortunately I got a totally heinous color. I feel reasonably miffed and disappointed as this orange was, again, very heinous. 

Verdict: Passed it on to my friend. Maybe she can rock it better than I do. 4/10

Overall, I felt like I got the bang for my $10 dollars for sure. Discovered some new keepers, and also was able to make a few loved ones happy with their stocking stuffers. Did you receive this box as well? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe