Mesh and Cut Outs: a Topshop Three-Way Dress

2:29 AM

I used to really love body-con dresses. Emphasis on "used to".

These days were, of course, from way back when I was happily single and only really cared about being 'thin' and looking fabulous. Body-con dresses and tight confections were mainstays in my closet, and back then, thought that was the height of my sartorial consciousness. 

Fast forward to the present, where after I fell in love, shared hundreds of home-cooked meals and indulgent dinners out, I now feel like a completely different person. I gained an obscene amount of weight, and promptly felt a lot of my self-esteem to wear these sexy numbers go down the drain. I even sold off a lot of my tight outfits at a particular low point-- I never thought I'd see a tight-fitting dress in my closet ever again, not just with my own confidence demons but also didn't think I'd see a body-con dress again that I would fall madly in love with.



Mesh and Bandage Bodycon Dress, Topshop Philippines (available in store and here) | colorblock platforms, Topshop (courtesy of Sweet from PensandLens) | Faux-croc clutch from SM Accessories | Earrings and bracelet courtesy of Bellast Jewelry

Photos by Thaad A Sabolboro

Well-- up until the moment I saw this gorgeous number from Topshop!

I recently got the honor to collaborate with Topshop Philippines (in Ayala Center- Cebu) for a "One Item, Three Ways" Style Blogger Challenge. We basically got to pick ANY item from the store and had to show three ways of wearing it on our blog. I, of course, felt like a hyperactive kid that was just set loose alone on a candy store! Haha! Despite having many, many beautiful items and choices (a lot of the other items I wanted were already sold out though :/ ), my eyes were transfixed on this truly one-of-a-kind item.  After months of a rigorous"let's get fit again" campaign, I thought it was high time that I dared myself to try the body-con again. I'm much more meaty than I used to, but being in this dress makes me quite happy :)

This dress is great enough to stand on its own, so I thought of just wearing this beyond-the-ordinary LBD for a dinner out on the town with the husband. Wore it with these Topshop platforms that I acquired from my friend Sweet for added height.

I will be posting the rest of the looks soon! xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the cut-outs. Not so bare. You'll never go wrong with black talaga.

    New post is up!
    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing

    check out my blog?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe