#Mombod : Loud and Proud to Rock It!

7:00 PM

Sometime ago, the term #Dadbod won the internet and our collective subconscious.



This apparently applies to dudes who strike a "nice balance between a beer gut and working out". Also, a dadbod is a guy who is "not incredibly chiseled, but at the same time, is not unhealthy." For a visual example, see Chris Pratt early Parks and Recreation days, and of course, Leonardo DiCaprio. Just like the college sophomore who coined this term, and I believe, majority of ladies our there, I am 100% all for the appreciation of the Dadbod. My husband is a young and healthy Dadbod, and I always reassure him that he's never looked better, haha. 




Rebecca Minkoff MAC bag | Nine West black heels | top from Mascara


But what of us moms whose bodies have forever changed post-partum? The term "mombod" eventually happened as well, and the interwebs were flooded with gorgeous, glorious bodies of women showing off their tiger stripes, baby bellies, and just how their bodies have changed since delivering their precious ones. I, of course, let out a huge solo whoop -- I just love how times are quickly changing and people are more accepting and less body-shaming! I looked at old photos of myself, being all skinny and everything, and while I probably could never restore a few "elements" back (a stomach without tiger stripes!) , I did pop out a living, breathing human, and that is the greatest feat anyone could ever say they've accomplished. My baby is seven months going in now, and it still never ceases to amaze me how he evolved from a union of cells to how he is now... and yes, my body was responsible for that nurturing. So yay, mommies!

So here I am, in an outfit post lauding my new body. I'm still several  pounds over my pre-baby weight, but it's not the end of the world. Own the changes, live it, and love it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe