Save or Toss? Makeup Expiration Guide

5:00 PM

original article and infographic courtesy of Makeup.com



I think this infographic is definitely worth sharing, and obviously self-explanatory. As someone who has worked behind the makeup counter for almost a year, I encountered quite a few... interesting stories from some customers about the shelf life of most of their makeup, and it wasn't very pleasant. Heck, I was pretty guilty of this myself before I got seriously schooled. A lot of us are pretty clueless about this, really, but I think common sense prevails in this situation, right? I personally wouldn't throw awat a perfectly good pan of bronzer or eyeshadow palette (Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess, in particular, is SO HUGE that it should last you well beyond two years even with everyday use!), but anything that is in liquid form is obviously more susceptible to bacteria, and anything that approaches your eye has to be deal twith some degree of caution. It was sad when I had to toss a couple of Diorshow mascara tubes away, but yes... definitely 6 months tops for mascara. Tops!

While we're on the topic, do you guys have recommendations for the best drugstore mascaras? Do let me know in your comments! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe