Get Radiant with YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer and Perfector: A Review

5:18 PM


How about filing this under e-mails that make you ridiculously giddy: +Influenster reaching out to you with the news that you've been handpicked for the VIP +YSL Beauty Touche Eclat Voxbox? I could barely contain my excitement! Should you dump your go-to primer for these beauties? Read after the jump for my quick, unbiased take on these goodies!






how about the ultimate throwback? here's the time when me and the husband got featured in Zee Lifestyle Magazine's Youth Issue back in 2013!


Notice the gold flecks in the Touche Eclat Blur Primer?



As someone who works in makeup artistry here and there, I have had the chance to work with some top-of-the-line primers. My personal favorite is Lancome's La Base Pro -- it glides on skin like a dream and visibly makes a difference when worn under your foundation. It definitely suited my skin type, as well as most of my clients.  I was so psyched to test and do some comparisons when I received Influenster's email!



This YSL VIP Voxbox: Sephora Collection contained a full-size of the new YSL Touche Eclat Blur Perfector (valued at $55) and a generous trial size of the older YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer  (full size valued at $52). Both products claim to perform what other awesome primers can do: provide a lightweight feel on skin, evens out skin tone and increase radiance. The Blur Perfector has a balmy consistency which transforms to powder upon application, whereas the Blur Primer feels like regular silicate-based primers, but contains a visible smattering of gold flecks for some extra glow. You can also use the Blur Perfector compact to act "alone as an allover complexion perfector, to set makeup, or as a mattifying touch up to sweep away shine and hide imperfections" (from the website).


The YSL Touche Eclat Blur Perfector when opened. As pretty as this is, +YSL Beauty , I gotta ask: where am I supposed to place the applicator?!


Pretty good trial size. Thank you, Influenster!


YSL so generously provided us with a full-size of the Blur Perfector. Thanks again, Influenster and YSL!


Product images courtesy of Sephora.com. Seriously, how gorgeous is that packaging?!





Naturally, the first thing you'll notice is how gorgeous, GORGEOUS that packaging is. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of pink but isn't that compact just so gosh darn pretty? I was able to put it to the test personally and through other skin types, and here's some of my observations: the YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer delivers as promised, but doesn't fare as well compared to other tried-and-tested luxury primers (like Lancome or Makeup For Ever). Longevity is a bit questionable, and it didn't "blur" as well as my Lancome primer did. Also, the gold flecks kind of does nothing for the end result.:( The Blur Primer, while just so impossibly pretty, didn't do quite as well - I didn't see any marked difference under or over foundation, but it did help mattify in some way. But the real issue here is the very, very awkward applicator: they somehow didn't think about where to place it. It doesn't fit in the compact no matter how hard I jimmy it in. Color me confused, but what the heck? This is apparently the biggest problem that all the testers had with the product.

Are these the best luxury makeup primers out in the market? Not exactly, but they do the job and definitely go home with the prettiest packaging award! I personally wouldn't purchase this for myself, but it would probably make a lovely gift for a lucky luxury makeup enthusiast in my life. ;)

Did you guys get a chance to try these? Let me know your thoughts below!



DISCLAIMER: I received these items from Influenster solely for testing purposes. All opinions in this post are my own. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe