Chic in the Tropics does NYFW

8:00 PM



Ugh, I missed the schedule of my own Detroit X NYFW post! I mean, when you're close to 30, and a cold kicks you, it kicks you HARD. Needless to say, this is one heck of a catch-up post! Brief recap: I collaborated with my blogger friends Lil Miss JB, Mafia Mel , and Beauty and the Muse for a Detroit x NYFW - themed blogger link up love.  I missed the date on posting my own look, ironically, but here we go. 

Before anything, I would like to thank Scott Mitchell for the awesome photos, edited by moi.

Check out my Detroit X NYFW Q& A after the jump!




Eden: My name is Eden and I’m a life + style blogger, actress, filmmaker and new mompreneur. I blog under Chic in the Tropics, which I’ve had since 2009.; and I have a small but full-service video production company called Reel Clever Films.  I’m pretty old in the blogosphere! When I’m not busy shooting something for fun or my business, some of the things I love doing is to check out a movie, studying new techniques about my craft, and of course, shopping!

Q: What was the inspiration/story behind your look?

Eden: I’ve never been a gal who owns a lot of long, flowy dresses, and yet, I zeroed in on this gorgeous electric pleat goddess dress. I wanted to make it very “me” and street-ready by adding the usual suspects from my closet – a black fedora, my go-to leather jacket, and laceup flats. That’s me trying to go out of my usual comfort zone.

accordion pleat dress from JCPenney H&M leather biker jacket | ASOS hat | Dior-inspired glasses from Ebay

Q: How would you define your style?

Eden: Contemporary, parts edgy, parts minimal, parts androgynous. A lot of black and white separates. I like to keep things basic with a bit of a kick. 

Q: Who are your style icons?

Eden: Kate Lanphear, Alexander Wang, Erin Wasson

Q: Where do you like to shop?

Eden: As a new mom with a budget, I’m definitely a huge fan of bargains! There is no awesome bargain I will refuse, haha. I love shopping at Saks Off 5th, Barney’s Warehouse, and my absolute favorite: Nordstrom Rack! Ebay has always been pretty good to me lately when it comes to awesome fashion deals.

Q: Have you ever been to NYFW, if so when and what was your fave part?

Eden: I have never been, but it’s definitely in my personal bucket list! Even if I don’t get personally invited to a show (I’m still dreaming for the day, haha) , just to be able to see the NYFW experience for myself and see New York so alive and filled with fashionistas is awesome in itself.

Q: Who is your fave designer?

Eden: It’s very hard for me to pinpoint one particular designer, but my top five includes Alexander Wang, Rick Owens, Rad Hourani, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler, and my best friend, Philippine fashion designer, Yves Camingue. 

Q: Whose show are you most looking forward to this year?

Eden: Aside from some of the designers mentioned above, Viktor and Rolf! You can always trust them to do something unexpected and jawdropping. 

Q: What do you like about NYFW more, the runway shows or the street style and why?

Eden: I would say a little bit of both. You can always trust the shows to usher in the key trends for next year; and as a personal style blogger, the street style aspect is so perfect to take sartorial cues from. 

Q: Links to any social media pages?

Eden: Aside from my blog, you can also connect with me through Instagram here and my facebook group page here.   


More later! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe