Is Being Too Nice A Bad Thing?

4:00 PM



Today, instead of talking about how cute this pajama blazer is (yes it is and it's super comfy, but we'd have to do the OOTD talk another day), I'd like to post this question out into the void to anyone who wants to answer it: is being "too nice" a bad thing?

We all know that saying: "to be great is to be misunderstood". Does that caveat also come for people having too much deference for other people's well-being over their own? 









HM Conscious blazer | Forever 21 striped dress | Calvin Klein "Shea" Saffiano bag | lace-up flats and Dior-inspired sunnies from Ebay


Let me preface by saying that no, I'm not really referring to myself here. I'm not a saint. Far from it. I just chanced on this eye-opening read by Jessica Stillman entitled "5 Ways Being too Nice Can Hurt You", and I just got into thinking. Though I am fiercely hardworking and yes, agressive, about the dreams I've set for myself, I've always put kindness and generosity towards my colleagues in the forefront, and I've never and would never be draconian or Machiavellian about how I go about my business (in short, I make sure not to step on other people's toes. Ever.). It seems like lately, though, this kindness has actually done me more harm than good. I'm not going to expound on that any further, but have you guys personally felt this, or have been in this situation? I'd love to hear your thoughts for sure. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe