What I Wore: Gray Graduation Friday

5:31 AM


***I'm still hammered***

No, I'm totally kidding though. Last night, me and my friends went out to dinner and a few drinks to celebrate our friend Rap's graduation-- finally joining the real world as a nurse, so we're all just wishing him the best of luck. Times are tough and not all nursing graduates get to be employed, but then... he's always studied harder rather than partying, so I'm pretty sure that will work to his advantage.:)

Oddly, it rained torrents yesterday. Actually, the weather gets totally screwed up sometimes here in the tropics. I'm sure my fellow bloggers in this region can relate: one day you step out all wrapped up and layered as the weather tells you rain is imminent, only to have the sun blazing 38-degrees on you. The next day, you step out in your floaty sundresses, only to have huge buckets of rain pour in. Yep, typical tropical story, and it happens more often than we actually would like.




WEARING

Fedora hat
Gray trench blazer-G2000
Thrifted: tank, scarf
Pants-Moschino
Oxfords-George

and i'm wearing it sans make-up, notice the poofy eyes:

This gray G2000 blazer is totally one of my favorite closet staples. it's light and timeless, and it basically goes well with everything. i'm definitely a stickler for good tailoring and fit, more than anything. i think this outfit is inspired by European menswear, and how understatedly elegant and dapper the men there always appeared. I'm also going for more textures and elements in my outfits... though i rarely play safe when it comes to what i wear, i do feel that my colours are too subdued and neutral, or that my silhouette is too clean and minimalistic. I'm totally OC when it comes to that.
Last night was party central once more as we hit up Alejandros (as previously mentioned here) and Numero Doce for a few cocktails and beers. Some hot shots:









That said, its a Saturday night and I'm still deciding on what to do exactly. Get a few cocktails? Go home? Watch a movie? Decisions, decisions... 7 pm now, and its almost time to decide.:)
What do you usually do on your Saturday night? Let me know!

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. That blazer is absolutely gorgeous, I wish I had shoulders that weren't so wide so I could pull them off without looking reaaally manly!

    Saturday nights are for having fun :). It's my friends 18th tonight so I will be heading out into town with a couple of friends! Hope you have a good one whatever you do!

    xoxo
    http://becausewearingblacklooksmysterious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very chic and sexy :-) Your hat is amazing, I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, yes, lets! thanks!

    http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the sweet comment. And yes, I would love to exchange links with you. Have a great weekend!

    http://freeteyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome pants girl, you look awesome and it sounds like so much funn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i got you an award look at my profile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gray blazer and seems like you had a great time at the party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes! I am from the country! :-)
    I love your outfit, esp the shoes :)
    I added you up already! :) FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok ok i promise within the next weeeeek or so!!
    i just have the whole camera-less problem right now :(

    :) but yeah thanks :) i think you got a great blog so i chose you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second what's been said, that blazer is lethal! Adore it to bits. And I love how you've paired it with the pants and the contrasting scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the outfit! The combination of textures looks really fantastic. I wish I could wear a blazer, they look HORRIBLE on me, but so good on everyone else. :(

    http://mirth-thehouseof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love your hat! That gray blazer is my favorite! I usually spend my time reading blogs and catching up on some books on the weekends! xxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pants :) and you're a really good poser! very creative :) hope you had a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. olalalal the panths the shoes mon dieu!!!!

    bisous eden!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaah you look good! love the cut out tee! and your jeans are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Eden! Firstly, thank you for a lovely comment! :)
    Secondly, i like your style, those pants and oxfords are so gorgeous, I would totaly wear it!
    And finally, it will be great to exchange the links! I'll add you on my blogroll, so you add me :)
    alice sends you hugs from croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit, the hat, the gorgeous top, the pants the shoes. Very nice! Also, the harem jumpsuit in your previous post is very cool!

    check out my style too at
    http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the kind words! I'd be more than happy to exchange links also! xxx

    Love your eclectic style and look forward to witnessing more fabulous posts!

    Nataliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is such a chic and cool outfit--those pants and that hat...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes, i'm still open for it! i can't find your facebook-add, what's your name on there? at the moment this model agency here in milan has put me up on the page, but i don't know where that will lead. maybe you can check it out and tell me? http://www.vyctor.it/schedamodelli.asp?lang=it&id=730&curPage=1&tipoRicerca=&ricerca=

    for the party you need to come to sweden! :D

    love

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving your outfit!

    Looks like you all had fun!

    http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. that blazer is so great!
    i do like a clean and minimalistic silhouette, so i wouldn't worry too much about that! if anything, it's awesome that you stick to it! but playing with more textures is a really good idea; i think it would work very well with the minimalistic silhouette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like what you're wearing- especially that hat! I hope your weekend was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm usually busy all Saturday, so I fall out asleep at night! Very boring, I know. haha

    Yes, I'd love to exchange links!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lucky girl! you have your workplace as a photoshoot area. hmmm, lemme tell the boss. lol.

    i love your outfit! you look like a brat in the second picture. i like the relax look!

    http://ckuf-info.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Eden, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to exchanbe links and have added you to my blog-roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. perfect outfit, my dear!
    i love, love it!
    i wanna steal your moschino at fedora hat!

    congrats to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. P.S Check out my blog for your award, darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super Chic!!! Your hot stuff. I can tell ;)

    ReplyDelete

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe