What I Wore @ Secondhand Serenade

9:09 PM

So earlier this week I had to do a voice-over (slash hosting?) for the concert of Secondhand Serenade's John Veseley here in our city. I'm not entirely too sure of his popularity in the United States (where he hails from) or with the rest of the other areas in the world, but what I DO know is that he is a major hit in Asia with songs like "Fall for You" and "Your Call", and that he has also toured with the likes of Hawthorne Heights and All-American Rejects. He should be a bit popular elsewhere then, but I'm not too sure, so let me know.:)


the empty stage before the event

So I had to wear something rather utilitarian, as I'm sure I'm going to do a lot of running and freaking out moments before the show:




WEARING

lace top- MNG
high-waist pleated pants- vintage, totally forgot the name
ballet flats-Dorothy Perkins
a string of [faux] pearls, and other accessories

sorry for the rather simple silhouette of this outfit... work is work for today loves, and unfortunately there wasn't that much of an opportunity to really go all-out. But then again, I love the 90's pleated pants that have been making quite an appearance in the runways lately. truth be told, they do fit so incredibly well and are flattering, too.



I've had this MNG top for a long time and I was right not to have thrown it away, because as we all know, lace is back in a big way, so I'm just thankful that I saved it. Anyway, as you can see, I was gunning for corporate casual that could go well in the heat, and that wasn't so stuffy or boring. Well, at least I hope it wasn't.:)






as expected, the event would be a huge success, especially with the teens who just absolutely adore the guy and his songs. the event was totally packed to the brim. even my friends would'nt dare miss it:



And of course, I can't let the event end without having a picture together with the famed guest performer himself:


John Veseley of Secondhand Serenade, and this writer

it was yet another eventful evening, and i was just totally dead beat after doing the voice-over for the event. no, didn't party afterward, as i still had an early morning to catch up with. anyhow, i am still very psyched of my week-long stay at the beach thats happening in a few days already.
i REALLY deserve this break. hope you all have a lovely day, and as always, feel free to leave comments! XOXO.

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Love the lace top! And lucky, i wanna meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you! Forever21 had some great full skirts, I'm not sure if they're still selling any.

    Haha, I'm Filipino Canadian from Vancouver
    and I'd love to do a link exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue scarf you're wearing in your hair, looks so cute!
    I have added you to my links :)
    And yeah, i want to add more pictures of my own style, I just keep forgetting to upload them to my computer haha.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yopu look fabulous, girlie.

    I think you wear those high waist pants so well with the rest of that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely in love with those pants.

    Ps. Thanks for your comment! & I've now fixed the 'following' gadget on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blue scarf is really adorable and you look very fresh and chic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh i love the outfit! :) Also John Veseley is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE the back of the top and those pants are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very exciting...LOve the headscarf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you thank you for your sweet comment !! ove your outfits always great ! :)
    alice
    xoxo
    www.thefashiongarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my old see through lace shirts
    and secondhand serenade is pretty big over here, but I'm not a big fan, and I don't know any.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your pants are gorgeous and wonderful!

    http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lace top and the head scarf are adorable! And I'd love to trade links =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool outfit!! nice lace top. love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im seriously in need of a pair of trousers like yours.

    Love your style : )

    ReplyDelete

let your good thoughts come out and play. write away!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

missdressshop.co.uk MissDressShop. 7000+Selection, Global Ship.

Subscribe